Sunday, March 22, 2009

Personal Trainer

So, since I'm going on a Mediterranean cruise this Fall, I decided that I needed to do something about the extra weight I'd put on. With school and work, I found it hard to stay motivated to work out. This led to me missing my workouts and eating food that I shouldn't. I decided that the only way I would be able to meet my goal was to get a personal trainer to motivate me. I hired a trainer at Body Sport Vegas in Summerlin. His name is Gerry Fabros and he is awesome! I work out with Gerry three times a week (M,W,F) and do cardio on my own three additional times a week (Su,T,Th). Though I feel like I want to die at times, I've already seen great results after only a month. I have lost 4 lbs, 4% body fat and over 9 inches all over my body. I know I've gained muscle because I can feel it in my legs and arms. I'm also on a very strict diet. It's mostly a low fat diet, high in protein and simple carbs (fruits and veggies). I can only have complex carbs (bread, rice, oatmeal) before 3PM. Also, any complex carbs I have must be whole wheat. Poor Vinny has been dieting with me but he says that it isn't too bad. On a positive note, I do get one cheat day a week. I LOVE SATURDAYS! =)

After I finish my first 48 sessions, Vinny and I will be doing Partner Training with Gerry. Though our workouts will be very different, he is able to train us at the same time. Vinny wants to tone and bulk up just a little, I'll still be working on losing a little more body fat and toning up as well. I'll make sure to update with my/our results each month after getting measured. Hmm, I should have taken a before picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment