On 03/11/2009 we drove out to CA to visit my family again. My twin nephews, Christian and Adrian, were turning 17 on 03/14. We planned on spending time with the family and also going to Six Flags on that trip. We were on our way and I decided to check online to see what time the park opened since we planned to go on Thursday. I then saw that the park was closed during the week. Since it was closed, we decided to go check out Knott's Berry Farm instead. We had a great time there and there were no lines! I refuse to go to theme parks on weekends anymore. We went on most of the rides twice and finished up early. Then we went to TGIFriday's for lunch and headed home to spend time with the family.
On Friday Vinny and I went to brunch with my sister, mom and her husband. We went to Tortas Sinaloa. OMG, they have the most delicious drinks! Vinny and I got an "agua de fresa con leche" which is a strawberry and milk drink. We also got a "licuado de chocomil y platano" which is a chocolate and banana milk shake. We shared them both since we couldn't decide between the two. Oh yeah, the food is great as well. Following brunch, my mom, sister and I went to get mani/pedis, as is tradition when I'm in town, and the boys hung out at home and played Wii. FYI- Now I want a Wii... After our girl time we went to pick up strawberries and cream (the best ever), Tostilocos (a delicious combination of Tostitos, pickled pork skin, cucumber, lemon, and chili) and raspados (a dessert that is somewhat like a Mexican snow cone but flavored with real fruit). We thought we had ruined our appetites for dinner but there was no way to resist the Islamic Chinese food at a restaurant called "Mas" in Fullerton. It was seriously one of the best Chinese restaurants I've been to in the U.S. Where is the best Chinese restaurant I've been to outside of the U.S., you might ask? It's in Mexico, yes I'm serious. The best Chinese food I've ever had is in Tijuana. After our delicious dinner, we went to get Boba drinks in Chino Hills. I got Vinny hooked on the Taro flavored slush!
Late Friday night, we took some of the kids to Cosmic Bowling. It was fun and we got home pretty late. On Saturday we spent most of the day with the birthday boys. We went to Downtown Disney with them and then went to watch my 10 year-old nephew Benji's baseball game. He was so cute! His team won by around 12 runs and he scored two of them. To celebrate their victory we went to Lucille's Smokehouse BBQ for lunch and then headed home to relax for a bit before leaving. I got some homework done and a quiz and then headed home. It was a great trip overall. We're looking forward to our next one in mid April. I made sure Six Flags is open this time!





No comments:
Post a Comment